Home Inspection Training - Albany, NY
ATI Training offers public adjusting/disaster relief and home inspection courses around the country. Committing to a full in-person course is the best path to become a better home inspector AND BUSINESS PERSON.
Be Qualified. Not Just Certified™.
Every day people looking to start and run their own business make the commitment to improving their lives by acquiring the necessary skills to succeed. Passing the exams and checking the requirement boxes are only part of the battle. ATI courses are field training and business boot camp, led by instructors who have 25 years of experience AND have built their own businesses. You will not find more qualified instructors mentors anywhere.
With ATI you will be field-and-office ready to begin a successful practice. Courses come with lifetime AAAHI (membership and instructor support).
Online courses are not valid for pre-licensing training requirements in these states: AR, IL*, IN*, KY, MD, NY, NJ, NV, NC*, VA* , WA & WV. You may enroll in an online boot camp course to increase your knowledge and better prepare for the National Home Inspector Examination.
* Distance learning allowed if paired with practical training.
21 Day Classroom Course - Call for upcoming details.
- Our Home Inspector Training program is dedicated to passing on the knowledge, experience and passion of our instructors to our students through our training program. We are approved by New York State Dept. of State as a qualified training school authorized to provide training and Certification in New York.
- New York Licensing Requirements: New Home Inspectors - Education: Taken and successfully completed a course of study of not less than 140 hours approved by the Department. Of those hours, 40 must be unpaid field based inspections in the presence of and under direct supervision of a Home Inspector licensed by NYS, or a professional engineer or architect, regulated by NYS, or Have performed not less than 100 home inspections (paid or unpaid) in the presence of and under the direct supervision of a Home Inspector licensed by NYS, or a professional engineer or architect regulated by NYS, and Successful Completion of an Exam: Have passed the NYS written examination, or have taken and passed an existing nationally recognized examination, deemed equivalent, prior to December 31, 2005.
- Freedom from Disqualifying Criminal Convictions.
- Application Fee: Each application must be accompanied by a nonrefundable application fee of $250; the license will be effective for 2 years.
- What is the renewal fee, and how does one renew their license? The renewal application is posted to the Home Inspector approximately 3 months prior to the expiration of his or her license. The application must be completed and submitted with a $100 fee to the Department of State, Division of Licensing Services. Instructions for proper submission will be included with the renewal application. The term of licensure is 2 years.
- Are there any continuing education requirements? Yes. Home Inspectors are required to complete 24 hours of approved continuing education within their two-year license renewal period prior to the expiration date in order to renew their license.
Ready to change your life? Contact Us for more Information!